So You Want to Be an Animator? Here’s What You Need to Know
Animation is one of the most versatile and in-demand careers in the world. If you’re interested in learning animation, you’re in luck! Here we will discuss what you need to study animation, the benefits of a career in animation, and how to find online courses that can help you get started.
What is Animation?
Animation is a process of making a series of static pictures appear to move. This is done by creating a sequence of images that are slightly different from each other and then displaying them quickly one after the other. By doing this, the human eye perceives movement instead of a series of individual pictures.
Benefits of a Working in Animation
There are many benefits to pursuing a career in animation. For example:
1) Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that it is an extremely creative field. Animators have the ability to bring their imaginations to life, and to create worlds that would otherwise never exist.
2) Animation is also a very versatile field. Animators can work in a variety of settings, from traditional animation studios, to advertising agencies, to video game companies. They can also work on a variety of projects, from TV commercials to feature-length films.
3) Another great benefit of a career in animation is that it is a growing industry. With the advent of computer-generated animation and 3D printing, the possibilities for animators are endless. In addition, the demand for animators is increasing every year, as more and more businesses are realizing the value of animation in marketing and advertising.
4) Finally, animators earn a good salary. The average salary for an animator is around $60,000 per year, which is higher than the national average. So if you are looking for a career with good pay and plenty of opportunities for creativity, animation may be the perfect choice for you!
How to Learn Animation
Animation is a great skill to learn if you want to create videos or artwork. There are a few different ways you can learn animation, and the best way for you will depend on your skills and interests.
If you’re interested in learning how to create traditional animation, there are a few options. You can take classes at an art school or community college, or you can learn from online tutorials. If you’re more interested in digital animation, you can learn from online tutorials or software programs like Flash or After Effects.
No matter which type of animation you choose to learn, be prepared to put in a lot of practice. It takes a lot of time and effort to become a skilled animator. But with hard work and determination, you can create amazing animations that will impress your friends and family.
Popular Online Animation Courses
There are a number of great online animation courses available, and below are three of our favourites.
1. CG Master Academy’s Intro to Animation Course
This online animation course is perfect for beginners, and will teach you the basics of animation theory and practice. The course is self-paced, so you can learn at your own pace, and there is also a helpful forum where you can ask questions and get feedback from other students.
2. Animation Mentor’s Character Animation Course
This online animation course is designed for intermediate to advanced animators, and will teach you how to create believable character animations. The course is taught by experienced industry professionals, and covers a range of topics including motion capture, facial animation, and more.
3. School of motion’s Animating With Adobe Animate Course
This online animation course is perfect for anyone who wants to learn how to use Adobe Animate (formerly Flash) to create animations. The course is beginner-friendly, and covers a range of topics including character design, motion graphics, and more.
Potential Jobs in Animation
There are many potential jobs in animation. Some of the most common positions are:
2. Character designer
3. Background artist
4. Storyboard artist
5. Layout artist
7. Voice actor/actress
8. Sound engineer
If you’re interested in a career in animation, there’s no time like the present to get started. With the right training and a lot of hard work, you can turn your passion for animation into a successful career. So what are you waiting for? Start learning today!
1) “WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING AN ANIMATOR” Animation Kolkata (2022) : https://www.animationkolkata.com/blog/2022/05/30/career-in-animation-industry/
2) “21 Best Animation Tips for Beginners and Beyond” Skillshare (2022): https://www.skillshare.com/blog/21-best-animation-tips-for-beginners-and-beyond/
3)”10 Best Animation Courses for Designers” EBaq Design (2022) : https://www.ebaqdesign.com/blog/animation-courses