When someone is injured or becomes ill and requires hospitalization, their loved ones often scramble to find a way to get them the medical support they need. This can be especially difficult if the person is located a great distance from a hospital. In these cases, medical transport services can be invaluable in getting the patient to the appropriate medical facility as quickly and safely as possible. There are many different types of medical transport services available, so it is important to do your research and find the one that best suits your needs!
What is Medical Support Transport?
Medical Support Transport (MST) is a critical service that provides emergency transportation and medical care to patients who are unable to travel on their own. MST personnel are specially trained to handle any type of medical emergency, and they work closely with local paramedics and hospitals to ensure that patients receive the best possible care.
MST is an invaluable service for patients who need urgent medical care but are unable to travel on their own. Whether you’re recovering from surgery or dealing with a serious illness, MST can get you the care you need, when you need it.
Different Types of Medical Support Transport
There are many different types of medical support transport. Here are three of the most common
1. Ambulance – This is probably the first type of medical transport that comes to most people’s minds. An ambulance is a vehicle that is specifically equipped and staffed to provide medical care and transportation for patients who are ill or injured.
2. Medevac – A medevac, or medical evacuation, is a helicopter that is used to transport patients who are in a critical condition. It can be used to evacuate patients from a disaster area or to medevac them to a hospital for treatment.
3. Mobile Intensive Care Unit (MICU) – A MICU is a mobile hospital unit that provides intensive care for patients who are too sick to be treated in a regular hospital setting. It can be used for both long-term and short-term care.
How To Find The Right Medical Support Transport
1. Look online
There are many websites that can help you find the right medical support transport. Do a quick search online and you’ll find plenty of options to choose from.
2. Ask for referrals from friends and family
If you know someone who has used medical support transport in the past, ask them for a referral. They’ll likely be able to recommend a company that they had a good experience with.
3. Contact your local hospital
Many hospitals have their own transport services that they use to move patients around. Contact your local hospital and ask if they have any recommendations for medical support transport companies.
Different Medical Support Transport Options
Option 1: Air Evac
Air Evac is a medical transport company that specializes in flying patients to and from hospitals. They have a fleet of airplanes and helicopters that can accommodate any size of patient. They are also licensed to fly in all 50 states.
Option 2: AMT Ambulance
AMT Ambulance is a medical transport company that specializes in ground transportation. They have a fleet of ambulances and vehicles that can accommodate any size of patient. They are also licensed to operate in all 50 states.
Option 3: Med Trans Corp
Med Trans Corp is a medical transport company that specializes in both air and ground transportation. They have a fleet of airplanes, helicopters, and ambulances that can accommodate any size of patient. They are also licensed to operate in all 50 states.
Checking If You’re Costs Are Can Be Covered
Are you covered? It’s a question everyone asks themselves at some point, and for small business owners, the answer is critical. Knowing whether your costs are covered by your insurance policy can help you make informed decisions about your business.
If you’re not sure whether your costs are covered, it’s important to talk to your insurance agent. They can help you understand your policy and what expenses are covered. Having this information can help you make informed decisions about your business and keep your costs down.
Medical support transport is an important service for those who need it. There are many different types of medical support transport, and finding the right one can be a challenge. However, there are plenty of resources available to help you find the right medical support transport for your needs. And, once you’ve found the right company, you can rest assured knowing you are in safe hands during a time of need!
- “Medical Transportation Program” Texas Health Services (2022): https://www.hhs.texas.gov/services/health/medicaid-chip/medicaid-chip-members/medical-transportation-program
- “7 Different Types of Medical Transportation” Stellar Transport (2022): https://www.stellartransport.com/7-different-types-medical-transportation/
3. “10 Useful Tips Before Choosing a Medical Air Transport” Life Support Transfer (2022): https://www.lifesupporttransport.com/10-useful-tips-before-choosing-a-medical-air-transport/